This is the assignment for applying to the KorGE Game Engine Technical Writer role to both: demonstrate you can do the job, and figure out if this position would be appealing to you.
In this job you are expected to:
- Be able to run and understand KorGE code that people will use, so you can write technical documentation about it
- Write KDoc documentation for classes and methods and make PRs
- Write Markdown for the web documentation using Jekyll
- Talk with core developers and users to figure out lacky parts of the documentation and work on them
- Based on feedback from other developers on Discord, fix and improve things in the documentation
- Have interest in Video Games and Video Game Development
- Have interest in OpenSource. Your work will be publicly available and seen by a lot of people online, giving you also immediate credit for your work
- Be able to prioritise
- Be proactive
- Ba as specific and concise as possible
💡 Note that while using AI is allowed, the final output quality is important, and dropping this text into ChatGPT won’t work. If you want to use it, you should figure out when and how use it. And you will still need to know or learn how to use the required tools for doing the job. The output must be coherent with existing docs, specific and concise.